Views: Ocean, Mountain
Minimum Stay: 3 days
At the foot of the Twelve Apostles mountain range, perched high above the Atlantic coastline and overlooking Cape Town’s famous Camps Bay beach lies the 3 bedroomed Kestrel apartment with its own private pool. This apartment is nestled just a few steps from the Cape Nature Reserve with an abundance of walking and cycling paths and a rich bird life. Located in a quiet residential area in the upper reaches of Camps Bay, the Kestrel is an ideal choice for families with older children. Step inside this light, mellow apartment and you’re met with a large mirror at the end of the small hallway, which creates a sense of space. The open-plan kitchen is on the right of the hallway and overlooks the lounge which leads through to the patio and fragrant garden area. French doors open out from the lounge onto the rustic bricked patio which has an outdoor dining area for 6. The Zen style garden boasts an interesting design of white pebbles scattered around ancient wooden railway sleepers which borders the private swimming pool. The colourful mosaic table provides an artistic flair to the garden and is the ideal place to relax and soak up the views of Camps Bay. In a small area naturally offset from the lounge is a dining table suitable for 6 people. A nautical blue colour serves as the backdrop and co-ordinates harmoniously with the sand colour couches and Koi fish wall canvasses in the lounge area. There is a large mirror which reflects the navy blue tones of the feature wall adding hints of colour to the room. A narrow stairwell meanders its way up to an area with two small bedrooms and a stand-alone bathroom. The master bedroom looks out over the Atlantic ocean and has its own blue lime washed wooden balcony. This bedroom features an air- conditioner and en suite shower with toilet. The two smaller double rooms, of which one offers an air-conditioner, are hugged by the Twelve Apostles mountain and have been decorated in relaxing hues of green and duck-egg blue. Magnificent views of the mountain provides an opportunity to lie in bed and watch the cable car travel to the summit of Table Mountain. Traditional African patterned scatter cushions on the beds reinforce the idea that the Kestrel really is a subtle recreation of an African beach theme. The natural flora which surrounds The Kestrel has fynbos and proteas which attract the Cape Sugar birds and several species of sunbirds. Lying adjacent to other apartments and accessible via a driveway, it’s preferable for guests who have a vehicle. Restaurants, shops and the beach are a 5 minute drive down the hill.
Arrival & Departure:
- Standard check-in time is 2pm on the day of arrival
- Check-out time is 10am on the day of departure
- We will try to accommodate all other arrival and departure times. If you have any special requests please let us know in advance
- To guarantee early arrivals or late departures, an additional fee of a half day’s rental will be charged
- Upon check-in, you will be required to produce proof of your credit card as well as identification. An imprint of your credit card will be taken and held for the duration of your stay. This will only be used in the case of damages
- Any booking cancelled more than three months prior to arrival date pays a 10% fee.
- Bookings cancelled between 90 and 60 days of arrival date pay a 25% cancellation fee.
- Bookings cancelled between 60 and 30 days of arrival date pay a 50% cancellation fee.
- Bookings cancelled less than 30 days from arrival date pay a 100% cancellation fee.
- Contract fee for each booking will charged at R495
- Refunds and waiver of cancellation policies are at the discretion of management and the ability to re-let the property.